Saturday, February 23, 2013

Homework

On a Saturday? No way!

Well, in case you haven't been reading the comments, there's been some creepy stuff going on. Mainly, that stuff my computer's been doing? Apparently it's more than just some glitch (which has mysteriously cleared up, by the way). The capital letters in all that gibberish spell out the following words: EYE, JUDGE, CONSCIENCE, MINOS, HORUS, MIMIR, and SEESYOU.

I have this friend, name's Corbin. He knows a lot about... well, everything. If I ever need help with homework, I give him a call. So that's what I did today. I  asked him about  those three names up there (Minos, Horus, and Mimir), and here's what he told me (paraphrased, of course, as I do not feel like bothering you with all the details that he explained):

King Minos was a bad ruler who sent fourteen kids every year to be eaten by a monster, then he locked up an old man and his son in an ever-changing maze, after which they escaped (Well, one of them did) and Minos chased after, bent on revenge. The important thing, however, happens after he was killed several years later: Minos then proceeded to become one of the judges of the Underworld, condemning people for their sins for all of eternity.

Horus was the Egyptian bird-headed god of war and hunting (among other things). He was a very powerful god in Egyptian mythology, and represented everything the Egyptians knew as a people. His symbol is the Eye of Horus, said to protect people from evil-doers.

Mimir was also a god, said to be very wise and stuff. He owned a well, which he would drink from daily in order to gain his knowledge. When Odin was trying to learn the magic runes, he sacrificed his eye into the well so he could see the wisdom it beheld. Mimir is said to watch over the well, and he can apparently see things that he shouldn't be able to see, sometimes into other worlds entirely. Also, Mimir was beheaded at some point. But he got better.

So, let's see. Minos is a judge, Horus is represented by an eye, and Mimir can see a lot of things. Starting to see a pattern here?

At first I was a little skeptical to believe that some disembodied eye named Blinky is after me. I mean, it does sound a little far-fetched. But, what with my computer being weird yesterday, and this stuff... I just hope it's not true.

Okay, it may be just the paranoia getting to me, but I swear I just saw an eye sticking out of my wall. I'm seriously trying not to panic here. I'm not turning around. I'm not turning around...

Oh, it's gone. Man, that was scary. I swear...

So apparently the Eye's gonna send someone after me. Someone by the name of Judgement. The guys in the comments are speculating that it might be Tom, and I'm seriously hoping it's not.

Tom's coming home tomorrow night. I'll keep an eye on him when he does. Ha, see what I did there?

One last thing. Apparently this Eye is part of a larger group of eldritch beings called Fears. I know the Slenderman (who doesn't?) but the rest are completely new to me. Apparently they all enjoy killing people, or driving them insane, or driving them insane before killing them. I'm not really sure how much better off I am than the victims of any of these guys.

Well. that's it for now, guys. Just, you know, thought I should share this with you. In case I'm gone by next week.

--Branden

No comments:

Post a Comment