Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ducks Are Scary

True to its word, the Eye didn't appear today. And also true to its word, one of its friends came after me.

At first it was just one. When I woke up this morning, there was a duck at my window. Which is weird, because I live nowhere close to the park and webbed feet are not good for stepping on windowsills. But it was there. And it was really freaking creepy.

Throughout the day, more started to appear. Every time I would look out a window, two or three ducks would be staring back at me. And they didn't look like normal ducks. They looked... smarter, somehow.

I usually eat my lunch outside. When I went out the door with my food on my tray, five ducks were waiting for me. I went back in.

School finally ended, and I was waiting for Mom to pick me up. The ducks were following me, with that silly little waddle of theirs, but it somehow managed to look creepy. I'm not sure how to explain it. It just did.

On the ride home, my mom appeared concerned, but she didn't say anything. I don't talk much to her anymore. Or to Tom. Strange, how that's changed in just a week.

There's a couple ducks standing outside my window now. I've closed the blinds, I know they're there, staring at me. Almost makes me wish the Eye was back. At least I can physically hurt it without feeling guilty.

The ducks seem to be harmless for now. At least, they're not attacking or anything. They just seem to stare at me, similarly to the Eye. But it's driving me crazy, because I know they're going to do something. I just know it.

I shouldn't be staying here. I should be packing up and moving away. Every minute I spend here puts my family in danger. But I can't stand to leave them alone.

I've shut myself off from my friends. They refuse to believe there's some creepy eye chasing after me. I guess I don't blame them.

Ducks are still there. Still not doing anything besides looking creepy. I'm really regretting driving that motorcycle.

I'm letting my thoughts get ahead of me. I should be trying to plan a course of action. Where do I even start? It's not like I even have a chance! Why don't they just get it over with and kill me now? They're going to do it anyway, aren't they? Why go through the trouble if they can easily do it instantly?

I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I don't even know why I live.

--Branden

5 comments:

  1. I have a solution to all of your problems.

    Either "Embrace the Archangel" as they say or read blogs.

    Start with the commentators, then go on from there. When you start running, I'll be here to mock you and wish upon you the worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, thanks. I'm guessing this is INSANITY, and not the other guy? I'll be reading the blogs, then. Hopefully I won't see you anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know the Eye talked to the Convocation, must have been an odd conversation...

    "Could you send a bunch of ducks to scare this guy while I'm on vacation?"

    Especially since it's a disembodied eye talking to a flock of birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it... I don't know how to respond to that.

      Delete