Saturday, May 4, 2013

I'm Alive...

Big surprise, huh? How many days have passed since my last post? My computer tells me it's been just over two months.... I missed my sixteenth birthday... Looks like that Compulsion wasn't as powerful as I've been led to believe.

Not that that matters anymore. I've been running for so long, I've lost track of time. And for what? Just prolonging the inevitable.

Anyway, I've made a discovery. I don't think the Slender Man is actually after me. He only appears whenever there's another Fear around, and he leaves as soon as they do.

Could he... could he be... protecting me? With an aura of Fear that powerful, it seems unlikely, but... No, there's gotta be another explanation. Surely he isn't...?

Hold on, I just heard a car park near where I'm sitting. I need to be a lot more wary around vehicles these days, the Newborn's gotten  lot more... upgrades. I'll fill you in later.

Okay, I'm back. Those of you still reading obviously won't be able to tell since I'll be posting this all at once, but it's been a couple hours since I wrote that last paragraph (could these things be considered paragraphs? They're really short...).

So, the Newborn. It's... well, it's different than when I originally saw it, I'll tell you that. I don't know what it looks like at the moment, but last I saw it was a large truck composed of... things a truck shouldn't be composed of. I don't want to go into details, but... my biggest question is, how do people not notice it? It's kind of obvious...

I don't know what happened to Judgement. Still in the Newborn? Maybe. Slowly eroded away? Very likely. Still after me? Not that I know of. In all honesty, it really should've chosen a better host than a duck. Not that I'm complaining.

The Convocation is moving away from ducks now. Pretty much every bird I see is after me now. Mostly pigeons and crows, but there's been worse. Last week I had a nasty run-in with an eagle, and... Well, it wasn't pretty. Almost had my eye clawed out.

Oh, hey, speaking of eyes, Blinky just appeared in front of me. Got anything to say, Blinky?

Don't call me that.

Right... So, finally got tired of the Newborn?

That thing was annoying. The duck was also a terrible idea.

Oh, you think? I mean, I get you have this thing for poetic justice and all that, but a duck? Really?

Shut up. I am not in the mood right now.

What mood? I wasn't aware the eldritch were capable of feelings.

Yeah, well, the eldritch are capable of more things than you think.

So I'm aware... Well, I'm getting tired of this conversation. See you later, Blinky.

Huh? Wait, what thAKDBSYVHFG

I just stabbed it again. How does that work, anyway? It's... apparently mentally connected to my laptop? Would it work both ways? If I shut it down, does the Eye become mentally handicapped in some way? Probably not, but... it's worth a shot...

Yeah, it didn't work... Eye came back to specifically tell me it didn't work. Jerk[ceOh stop censoring my words!

--Branden

~Eye of Judgement

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you are still alive. Atleast you don't have to deal with velociraptors. I'd take ducks over those bastards any day.<x3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velociraptors? Ouch, that sounds rough. Makes that eagle sound like a cakewalk.
      So the Convocation has control over dinosaurs, too? How does that work? I read somewhere that dinosaurs and birds were closely related, but... those things are huge. O.O

      Delete
    2. Nah Velociraptors are turkey sized. But damn do their claws and teeth hurt like a motherfucker. Haven't seen anything bigger than that yet. I hope I never do.

      And apparently according to a runner who studied dinosaurs (he's dead now though) birds ARE dinosaurs. However, last time I saw them they came out of a nest. So I doubt I'll see a T-rex anytime soon.

      Delete
    3. Well, that's good to hear.

      Delete