Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Judgement

That was totally unexpected. Seriously, you guys. Out of all the things, I did not expect that.

Okay, allow me to explain. I was walking along the highway, somewhere, I'm not sure where, staying away from the road, but not too close to the trees next to it, either. I had just left the outskirts of the nearest town, and was trying to get to the next one before nightfall (Which reminds me, I need to keep moving once I'm done posting this, it's starting to get dark). Sleeping in the streets is much better than sleeping in the woods.

Then, the birds came. It was the first time I've seen them in quite a few days. They were still ducks, if you'll believe it. Freaking ridiculous animals.

I started running. Running as fast as I could, with my backpack slowing me down, anyway. Unfortunately, I'd been walking nonstop for hours, so I didn't get very far before I was forced to stop and pant for breath.

I looked back behind me and I saw them, filling up the sky faster with each second. And then, when it was completely filled, the sky opened up, and a large number of birds flew down.

Don't ask me how they carried them with their webbed feet, but the ducks were carrying two humans, wrapped in cloaks made of duck feathers.

My mom and my brother.

I backed away. I didn't want to hurt them... But I couldn't risk getting hurt either. I hadn't brought any weapons with me anyway, so I really had no way to fight.

The ducks landed and flew away, seemingly leaving me alone. But the people who used to be my family stayed behind, and pulled out weapons from who-knows-where: A machete and a butcher knife. The same ones they'd used back... Back at home...

I willed myself not to cry. I would not show weakness.They'd caught me at my weakest state, and I had no way of defending myself. It seemed my end was imminent.

And then, the unexpected happened: I heard the sound of a motorcycle engine, and my family, my would-be killers turned around in genuine shock and surprise.

"That's the form it chose?" asked my mother.

"That seems very implausible," said Tom.

And then I saw what they were staring at, and I almost couldn't believe my eyes.

It was a duck. A duck on a motorcycle. And I don't mean the duck was riding the motorcycle. They were more like... connected. The motorcycle was part of the duck,and vice versa. Where the duck and the motorcycle touched, they sort of blended together, like... Well, there's nothing I can compare it too, really. It was just...odd.

And then I recognized the two. They were Tom's motorcycle... and the duck I'd run over with it. Don't ask how I'd recognized it. I just knew.

Suddenly, a mechanical arm-like thing (It wasn't exactly an arm, but... That's the purpose it served, or so it seemed.) extended out of the motorcycle, and it was carrying a gun. It fired two shots, but not at me. I saw my family (I should stop calling them that. It's too painful...) crumble in pain and hold their hands up their heads as the bullets penetrated their skin.

Ducks should not be able to fit through bullet holes, but somehow, the fowl creatures flew out of their head wounds, flying directly towards the duck/motorcycle creature.

I took this as my chance and started running. I heard the sound of twenty ducks quacking in pain, but I did not look back. When I could no longer run anymore I began walking, and I forced myself not to stop until I practically collapsed from exhaustion.

I took that exhaustion as the opportunity to tell you guys what happened. Because for some reason, I feel you guys should know. Speaking of you guys, there is three of you now. I feel so loved. (Not really, I don't even actually know any of you...)

I should get going now. The sky's almost completely darkened, and I don't think I'll find another town until at least a mile. Probably more. I really don't want to sleep out here...

--Branden

4 comments:

  1. I'm starting to believe you are high on drugs.

    Then again, I do that to my hosts... You sure you alone in your head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mostly sure that I am alone here. And I tend to stay away from drugs, thank you.

      Delete
    2. Maybe he's not the one on drugs. Could be the Eye got a scrip for it's "glaucoma". The only question then is what happened when Blinky popped up in the middle of a dispensary.

      Delete
  2. The ducks are freaking creepy... O.O

    ReplyDelete